|Date||CPD By||CPD Title||Approved By|
|22.04.2015.||Microsoft Ireland HQ, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18
||ALM with Visual Studio & TFS*,
full day course (9am - 4.30pm)
|Microsoft UK VS Team|
* Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS) provide an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution that covers the range of software development activities from requirements capture through to development and onto testing and release into production.
- Overview and update on the Visual Studio family of development tools, including Visual Studio Online;
- Requirements capture, Agile planning and portfolio management;
- Development including version control choices (centralised vs. git), code quality and automated builds;
- Deployment with Visual Studio Release Management;
- Test case and defect management including manual and exploratory testing;
- Automated functional testing with Coded UI;
- Collaboration tools including Team Rooms and stakeholder feedback;
- Dev/Ops integration with IntelliTrace, System Center and Application Insights;
- Taking advantage of the cloud in Dev and Test environments.
"Technology is nothing. What's important is that you have a faith in people, that they're basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them. " Steve Jobs